I’m a Data Scientist, independent contractor. Ph.D. in Physics and
I take small to medium data science / data engineering projects. Drop me a line if you want me to participate in yours.
- The wet Microsoft dream of 1990-s has come... true?... maybe not. All these 'self-services' like Zapier, IFTTT, etc.etc. Or what I've been doing for half a year.
- Or: what you can do in the XXI century in a couple of days without spending a hundred thousand pounds and years of work.
- The way we draw or otherwise visually or symbolically 'represent' the observed phenomena influences our intuitions in a way that is not always productive and sometimes is outright wrong as in the case of 'arrows' and polar / axial vectors.
- The 'big guys' are not sleeping they are living their diplodocus-sized life, consuming tonns of vegetation and s...ting it out in the form of s...tware. The latest, brought to you by Microsoft and Adobe.
- It seemed so obvious that humans will talk to machines as if they are humans, humans have this tendency of personification of pretty much everything, including the forces of nature...
- 'Why philosophy is so complicated? It ought to be entirely simple.' This quote from Wittgenstein has become an Internet-meme, but it may be a clue to a method of building a Common-English language for humans and machines.
- One of the possible constructive approaches to the synthesis of the Common-English language for humans and machines.
- Have you ever though over the definition of the word 'data'? Eric M. Rogers has just reminded me that it is very important.
- Or: Path in an arbitrary space, how to measure its length and how to use this length instead of the fictitious dimension called 'distance'.
- Or: Animal language are those forms of animal communication that are considered to show similarities to human language. (from Google).
- What exactly are these machines 'learning' when we are 'teaching' them? What type of machine-like behavior of machines and humans servicing them are our 'teaching' methods encouraging?
- I disagree with the conventional meaning of the term 'metalanguage' that had been invented around 1950-s and here's what I propose.
- When I was leaving science in the 90-s the best supercomputer of the time was Cray-2 with 1.9 GFLOPS peak performance, now I bumped into a _free_ cloud service last night...
- Almost two months have passed since the official release of PyTorch 1.0; I think they've fixed most of the 'release bugs' which means that it is time to systematically test it.
- Why I created all these virtual organizations on GitHub and what are they for. Read it if you bumped into one of them by accident and would like to join it with your ideas.
- What does 'Method Override' technique from the Object Oriented Programming that we all know and quitting social-media site or smoking have in common?
- I wish somebody would invent these pictures and show them to me when I was 10 years old, but... As they say: if you want something done - do it yourself.
- Or: your adult life begins when you permanently remap CapsLock to Esc and live happily ever after. And I will tell you how to do that on Ubuntu too.
- There is a real genesis of ideas and their authors, it exists. It is well hidden, that is true, but finally you can figure it out yourself (for yourself) in this age of instantly accessible information.
- There are many things in this world that happen for a Reason even if we don't know why but there are things that happen by Chance which means that they can not be (reasonably) explained.
- What is important to know in the age of downloadable books and what shall we do now, what our 'professions' will be and how to distinguish 'knowledge' from 'information' and 'noise'.
- Maugli goes to the Plasma Physics Lab of Lebedev Physical Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR and meets a computer brought there from another planet by the wind of 'socialist cooperation'.